mercoledì 25 giugno 2008

Just Another Tuesday Evening in LA

I was lying on the beach this afternoon after a long, hard meeting with one of the doctors about Dissy, when my phone buzzed. There was a text message waiting for me. Now, as some of you know, I am perpetually plagued by a lack of text message memory, so texts sent to me frequently get rejected until I erase some old ones and wait five to fifity-five minutes for Verizon to get around to re-delivering them. But apparently today my stars were aligned because I had enough memory to receive this message:

"We've got an extra ticket to Alison Krauss tonight at the Greek. Leaving SM around 6. I've [sent] this text to 15 friends. 1st to respond gets it." [Spelling and punctuation standardized.]

My first thought: "Hmm, Alison Krauss is pretty good. Maybe I'll go."

My second thought: "Wait a second! She just released an album with Robert Plant. I bet they're touring together. Oh, blast these fingers and stupid text messaging...must...type...faster...!"

So...yep, I got to see Black Dog, Black Country Woman, and The Battle of Evermore performed live tonight by Alison Krauss. And Robert Plant.





It was an amazing concert all the way around. Most of it was very blue grass-y and folksy, but the two of them sounded fabulous together. And they looked great with their matching hair.

Yes, he still dances. Yes, those are leather pants.


We had great seats and interesting neighbors. However, I would have to say that the funniest part of the evening happened shortly after we took this picture. When the concert finished and the lights came on, the great CD player in the sky started playing some music for us as we left. What did it play, you ask?

The Mormon Tabernacle Choir. No joke. Robert Plant + MoTab = one crazy evening.

3 commenti:

Sid Atomic ha detto...

Motab plus Zeppelin? That's like when the New York Philharmonic did Metallica. General Conference could change forever.

That concert should've been mine. I'll get your for this My Preece-ious!

Sid Atomic ha detto...

And your blog is saying all sorts of weird stuff to me in some kind of moon talk. Make it stop.

JRP ha detto...

Come gli Italiani dicono, "Il mattino ha l'oro in bocca." Muwahahaha!

Ed anche, mi dispiace, ma non voglio cambiare il "moon talk." Inoltre, tu devi piacere il "moon talk" siccome vuoi essere un uomo sulla luna. Devi practicare!