sabato 5 luglio 2008

4th of July Roadtrip to Pasadena

"Your car drives like a boat," commented Papa SMAC, after borrowing it to transport a flock of Kiwis.

"How curious," I thought to myself, since that had not been my experience.

However, Papa SMAC was correct as usual. I had never experienced the boat-like properties of the JavaJet before because I had never had the pleasure of ferrying 800 lbs of human cargo in it--until today's 4th of July Roadtrip to Pasadena.



It was great. The whole clan piled in for a trip to the Rosebowl.



We watched a bunch of marching bands. I ate funnel cake.



Then the fireworks started. They were great.



Afterwards we went to Scott's house and Amy indulged in the appearance of evil.




Everyone was pretty worn out by the end, so the car ride home was nice and quiet.
The only thing that would complete the evening, you say, is if you really took JJ to her full potential and did a little off-roading. Well, we did get a couple of tires off the road, and we would have gotten them all off had we been more sure that the Excursion with the enormous front grill would have let us back into our hard-won spot in line as we (very slowly) left the Rosebowl parking lot. But, off-roading or not, it turns out I love driving my boat full of people and sort of missed the sluggishness as I zipped home.

1 commento:

Der SID ha detto...

a speed boat nonetheless. just wanted to clarify.