In my family there are three foods you must love: Juanita's carnitas, Tony's chile rellenos, and El Grullense Jal.'s tacos al pastor. My self-chosen Spanish name in kindergarten was "Juanita," in honor of the taco shop. We've been known to drive a few hundred miles out of our way to eat them. And anyone who as ever been through Pacheco pass with me knows that I get grumpy if we don't take a taco detour. Needless to say, mom and I made it to each place while she was here a few weeks ago.
We also made it to LACMA and checked out the Islamic Art collection, as well as the "Five Centuries of Indonesian Textiles" exhibit. Both my mom and I love ceramics and textiles, so it was a couple of hours of bliss. This tile panel says something along the lines of "the seeds of the next life are planted in this life."
.jpg)
1 commento:
Did you cut your hair?
Posta un commento