

Living in Los Angeles changes your perspective. For example, about a week ago I thought it would be fun to start counting the number of luxury cars I spot each day. Of course, this requires operationalizing "luxury," which is when I realized that my perspective had been changed. Porche, BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar--these are not luxury cars. Lamborghini, Ferrari, Maserati, Bugatti, Aston-Martin, Bentley--these are luxury cars. I think the proper term is actually "exotic" cars, but the fact is that they just don't seem so exotic when you see them every day. For example, while I was waiting at ONE traffic light on Thursday, I saw two Bentleys and a Maserati drive by. It also appears that Fridays have morphed from "go to get your hair done at the salon" day to "go get your luxury car washed" day, because as I drove past the car wash, I spotted two Ferraris in front (emergency Italian grammar question: how do you make an Italian word that already ends in an "i" plural!?). Anyway, it's sort of a fun game--I suggest you try it. But be forewarned--if you live in Los Angeles, you might end up losing count pretty quickly.
.jpg)
Nessun commento:
Posta un commento